If you have a shingle roof that is leaking, it’s important to take action quickly to prevent further damage to your home. Here are some steps you can take when a shingle roof leaks:
- Identify the source of the leak: Try to locate the source of the leak by checking for any visible damage or signs of water infiltration in your attic or ceiling.
- Cover the leak: If you can’t immediately repair the leak, cover it with a tarp or plastic sheet to prevent further water damage.
- Call a professional: Contact a professional roofing contractor to inspect the roof and assess the damage. They can provide you with a repair estimate and advise you on the best course of action.
- Repair or replace damaged shingles: If the leak is caused by damaged or missing shingles, you may need to repair or replace them. A roofing contractor can do this for you.
- Check for additional damage: After the leak is repaired, check for any additional damage, such as water damage to your walls or ceilings, and address it as needed.
- Consider preventative maintenance: Regular inspections and maintenance of your roof can help prevent leaks from occurring in the first place.
By taking these steps, you can quickly address a shingle roof leak and prevent further damage to your home call us